Our Kent veterinary surgeries are always busy welcoming your precious pets through the doors. Recently, we’ve had some rather interesting emergency cases that required urgent attention from our skilled Vets. 🚨
Thankfully, our wonderful Veterinary Surgeons were able to make sure that these gorgeous pets went home feeling much better- after lots of cuddles of course! 🐶 🐰
Read on to find out more about these heart-warming cases…
Cheeky Buster recently had a lucky escape, when he managed to swallow TWO balls! 🏀 ⚽️
Buster was rushed in to see the team at Briar House Vets. Thankfully, the toy balls were still in his stomach so our lovely Vet Keith was able to give him a drug which enabled him to vomit safely and up they came again!
Our wonderful Student Veterinary Nurse Naomi was on hand to scoop them up and entertainingly, the squeaker still worked in one of them! 😮
Two year old British Bulldog Buster was discharged soon after to be watched at home…. and kept away from any more balls!!! ⚠️
It is very important to keep an eye on your pet’s toys and monitor if one is missing. Toys can cause blockages which require emergency surgery – and even if you think they are too big to swallow, you’ll be surprised at the size of some of the foreign bodies we’ve removed in the past! 🌟
Boris Visits Briar House Vets
Briar House Vets had another emergency case recently when poor, little Boris found himself in a bit of a pickle. This adorable boy ended up with a stick wedged between his teeth and across the roof of his mouth!
His owner brought him to Briar House Vets to see our wonderful Vet Leanne who jumped into action straight away and managed to save the day by removing the stick with forceps!
Boris had a very lucky escape as the stick didn’t cause any further injuries but we do recommend that you try to prevent your pets from chewing or playing with sticks. 🐶
Stick injuries can result in serious infections of the mouth and pharynx. They can lacerate the delicate structures of the mouth and throat, and even splinters can penetrate the neck and chest cavity. Please take care on your canine walks. 🐶 🌳
Boris was feeling a little sorry for himself as you can see in the photo but the Briar House team gave him lots of cuddles to cheer him up and he was back to his normal, adorable self in no time! 💚 💚 💚
This is Coco. 😍 The lovely Coco was recently very poorly. She came into Lakeview Vets collapsed, in shock with a high blood glucose and low temperature. 😢
She was immediately given a thorough examination by our lovely experienced Veterinary Surgeon Clemence which included radiographs to assess her abdomen and bowels.
Coco was hospitalised for intensive treatment, given antibiotics, special medications to improve movement of her gastrointestinal tract, syringe feeding, and fluids, before being made snuggly and warm. 💊 🐇
We were so pleased to see that the next day she was looking much better. Just look at that gorgeous fluffy face. 😍 You can see Coco getting cuddles from our brilliant, dedicated Head Veterinary Nurse Rita in the photo below.
Coco was so much brighter and more like herself and is now home with her Mum and Dad where she will continue her recovery, with regular check ups from us. 😊
All of us here at Lakeview Vets wish her much love and the very best. You’re amazing Coco 💕
If you have any concerns about your precious pets, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We want you to know that we are always here for you. 💚